View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 08:31 AM

Default Some HE Pre-Flop questions

I'm wondering if I'm too loose (and possibly too aggressive) PF in the $1/$2 party game.

My standards are based on HEFAP; 1-4 in ep, raise 1-2 (although If I've had the table fold to me a couple of times--this has happened in more than one session--I'll raise 77 or 87s as a loose play. Is that giving these players too much credit for paying attention?), 1-6 in MP, 1-7 CO and 1-8 on the button. I never play Axo, never go below 98o, never play below T8s and 65s.

Until recently, I played Kxs often, thinking it was "almost" Axs, and have stopped that. I'll limp CO or button with it with many in looking for the flush draw or fold, otherwise I muck it.

Mostly what I worry about is LMP and CO/Button calls, especially when I open. Am I right in thinking *anything* worth calling with here is worth raising with here (when I open), or should I just muck hands like 98s that want many in when I'm LMP with no limpers? Should I call with that anyway and hope for 5 players?

Also, in MP I find the hardest hand by far to play is KJo. If there are no limpers, I feel I have to raise with it because I have little multi-way value, but then I've no idea how to play a flop like Q74r or AT4r. If there are limpers, I feel I should raise for value because people here will play trash like J8o, but then if I don't make top pair on the flop I feel *really* screwed. Am I overvaluing this hand?

I basically see a lot of people in various threads alluding to the fact that most peoples' PF standards are inaccurate for micro-limits and small stakes (lots of comments to the effect of "Jones is too loose") and was hoping somebody could point to a good thread or elaborate some while I wait (impatiently, I might add [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) for Ed's book to arrive in the mail [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]