View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Neighbor wasnt protecting his cards... i feel so dirty. (long)

[ QUOTE ]

The dealer had pulled them in, and she apologizes while pushing me the pot. The player is upset so the dealer calls the floor who agrees.

He's mad because he says he had tens. I felt bad, but not bad enough to give him the pot. (I'm not sure they would've let me even if I'd wanted to.) Was that unethical of me?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Protect your hand, sir." is what I'd say. Normally if I notice this ignorance (especially at the 1 and 9 seats), I'll say something so the newbie doesn't get a hand accidentally swooped up. If it happens anyways, though luck.

Going back to the exposing cards thing, the only time I'll consciously NOT look at someone's exposed cards is if it's an older person who has trouble seeing anyways. I'll make an effort to either tell him about it or look away each time he picks up his cards. Anyone else is fair game. I love the time that some guy limped in early position with 85o and tried to bluff raise me with bottom pair on the flop (flop happened to have 3 spades). He was pissed when I called and raised him on the turn.