View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: King high flush - comments?

I think your river play is dependent on your turn play, which I don't fully understand. I mean the only reason you could have called such a large bet on the turn is if you believed you were drawing to live outs on the flush. So if you called the turn raise, which I definitely think you should NOT have done, then you HAVE to call a river-all if last to act, and make it all-in if it hasn't already been made to you. I'm not a fan of betting on the flop with 5 players to act behind you. Betting draw flops hoping for a free turn card is a good idea in limit, but isn't going to work here with this many callers in NL, and you are probably just throwing away that $3.

I can't understand why you would call the turn for 11.50 more, nor why you bet. You knew when you bet the flop there was a very high % that someone had an ace who called your bet. And as it happens, you unfortunately gave yourself odds to call the flush when you got reraised -- but only if you believed your outs still to be clean. However, when UTG raises and then button cold calls you have to realize you are probablly behind and may even be drawing dead -- which indeed you were.