View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 08:08 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Teach me something, guys....

[ QUOTE ]
1. why didn't LP 3-bet it pre-flop? slow-play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a trap move he was doing. He wasn't the 'passive' type. I dont think this was a good spot for it, but...

[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't the poster have re-raised the flop based on the strength of his hand (top pair, top kicker?). in addition, couldn't this play have represented KK? i'm sure there's another level of thinking i'm missing out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note my image on the table. (i think i mentioned it. If not, i was getting respect on this table. When most would raise me, they had something good.) With that image, i got auto-raised after raising preflop and betting the K high board. He could be on a str8 draw, but he's not likely to call with JT to my pre-raise here plus he wasn't the type to jam it if he was drawing in this spot. But it is possible, which is why i considered it and decided to test the turn.

The way he put the raise in wasn't like he was drawing. It wasn't as obvious as my chips barely settling on the felt when he fires a raise, but it caught my eye. He hardly saw the board and made no real motion as if looking for something on the turn. I wasnt totally sure, so i bet the turn. Which told me he didn't have KQ or a set. A set is raising this turn, not calling it. Why would he not raise?

Even if i tried to represent KK on the flop, it's very hard to bump someone off AA in a shorthanded pot, much less at all. Bumping someone off KK is tough enough. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Given his flop play, it didn't seem like he was going to laydown too soon. Usually when someone auto-bets/raises, they're going to showdown unless the board looks real ugly.

b