View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: stealthguy 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
If they are correct that the money you won was stolen (or otherwise not-really-his) isn't it legitimate for them to want it back? I know I'd still be furious, but giving it back may be doing the right thing. Or maybe its partypoker's fault and if anyone loses money here it should be them. I don't know. Some other opinions on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what you're saying but consider this: party poker provides a platform for all to play poker. the assumption is that all players are equally free to win or lose money based on playing poker. if party poker can no longer provide that platform, whose fault is it? where does the source of restitution lie? it lies directly with the company that supplies the platform i.e. party poker.

Somebody lost money playing poker. if party allowed that person to lose money playing poker when that money was not really theirs then its on party to replace any transfered sum to the beneficiary of said heads up game. he should not have been playing poker in the first place (i.e. ill gotten money or "otherwise not-really-his"). but now that the "transaction" is complete, party has no right to take what you won based on their mistakes.

that is my opinion.
-Barron