View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Medium Suited Connecter in MP

I feel like I played this wrong on so many levels...

First, is my position too early for this hand? Its earlier than I normally play it, but the table had been very loose and passive preflop.

Second, I know that usually it is correct to raise when first in from LP or late MP...How about MP1...and does the fact that it is a suited connector, which wants lots of players, change it? I would think that would override the normal reasons for raising when first in.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Really didn't want to get raised here, but thought I had to call.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

OK, Top pair, no kicker, but TP is a medium pair against a preflop raiser who bet out on the flop. Granted, he could have been raising with AK, AQ, etc, but I just felt it was too likely I was behind and decided to drop it and wait for the next one. I realize I also had a backdoor flush draw, did I have enough overall to call and see the turn?

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between BB, MP2 and CO.</font>