View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s book \"versus\" WLLH

A discussion or debate between Ed and Lee would be an excellent learning forum.

Unlike some, I wouldn't be interested in deciding for myself who is right and wrong about what but to listen to two bright poker minds make their arguments and constructively debate on different styles of play.

Don't we all agree that there are no absolute rights or wrongs on certain aspects of poker? Sure, there are facts on percentages and odds and basic strategies but the decision making process in poker is very complex, dynamic and based on so many variables that it would be impossible to identify a perfect strategy for every situation even for low limit.

I have Lee's book and I am convinced that it advanced my playing level significantly faster than if if I hadn't had it.

But I have also pre-ordered Ed's book because I too believe that he a lot of important things to say.

I also have books by Krieger, Hellmuth, Carson and yikes..even Warren. Despite the negative feedback on some of these authors, I have learned something from all these players because each of these players are very successful players who developed a style and thinking process that worked for them. My rational is that if I can get something, anything out of a book that will one day win me a couple of pots, then the book would have already paid itself off.

Both Lee and Ed are very successful limit players so who is to say one's way is correct and the other isn't.

In sports, there are great golfers, basketball players, hockey players - each with his own distinct style. Can't we say the same for poker players? Look at the No-Limit players like Hellmuth and Lederer....