View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Foxwoods Game -- Did I Totally Overplay It?

yes you way overplayed it...

the reason is because at no point did you say, "what does he have that i beat?" "what could he have that is played the same way that i lose to?" and "which of the above 2 questions has more answers?"

called fromt he bb w/ two chips...could be a lot of hands.

the checkraise; does he have a weak ace?

you 3bet, he 4bets; only think he could now have that i beat is AQ, but i raised under the gun so unless he's a maniac he's got 55, 95, A9, or A5.

turn he checks. NOW you should be thinking "dude, free card, sweet" and check. but you didn't and you bet. he checkraises AGAIN!; 55 looks like its a surefire hand reading winner to me although he's retarded for checking the turn.

river duh! nh.

but do you see what i mean? you have to constantly adjust your read on what he has (or in your case, think about what he has) and then react based on that changing information.

you didn't do it here b/c after the cap the only hand you beat is AQ and who "caps" the flop against a UTG raiser showing continual strength? somebody who has top pair top kicker in pretty bad shape, thats who!

thinking about it now, you definately did play like you had AKo and he felt the turn was safe to check b/c theres 12 ways to have AKo and only 1 to have AcKc so assuming you have some ace and some king its 12:1 against AcKc. thats why he checked the turn and let you trap youself again.

hope this helps in your future battles
-Barron