View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:11 PM

Default 10-20 Foxwoods Game -- Did I Totally Overplay It?

Due to attending an almost week-long convention, I didn't have the chance to play much, so I wasn't sure if I really did overplay this when a buddy of mine called me on it.

Figured I'd post up what happened and you all could let me know if you think this was an appropriate line I took.

Any comments, as always, are appreciated.

10-20 Foxwoods game.

I'm Under the Gun: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I open-raise for $20.

I'm expecting a few callers. Everyone folds around to the Big Blind who throws in his extra $10.

Pot: $45

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bingo! I think. Top pair, top kicker, nut flush draw, and I'm in position.

BB checks.

I bet $10.

He check raises.

I three-bet.

He four-bets.

The dealer says "it's capped at $40" and while I'm thinking "No, dude, it's not capped ever when it's heads up" I also think I'm going to wait and see what he does, so I just call.

Pot: $125

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks.

Now I figure maybe he was just CR'ing the flush draw... or bullying me. Or whatever. So I bet.

He checkraises me again. But he looks annoyed, as if he can't believe I took another stab at the pot. I'm not sure why, but I 3-bet again.

And he 4-bets.

I call.

Pot: $285

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets out.

I raise.

He gets REALLY annoyed and says, "A flush draw?!?!" and calls.

I flip over my hand and he mucks his.

I find out that we have a friend in common who was watching the action and told me that I was totally overplaying my hand.

I thought that I wasn't ... and I remember last time I had a disagreement with someone at The Woods, that I got some sound advice. So....

... was I completely off how I played? I know the final result is that I won, but that doesn't mean I didn't overplay it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
"Captain Overplay"