View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 3 betting VS calling out of the SB

Steve,
didn't read the other posts but I think you have to vary your play. first of all, you will always make more money when you hit your hand if you just call. Of course, you might allow the big blind to beat you in a hand he would otherwise not be in. I like to smooth call out of the blinds whenever it is folded to me. including the big pairs. that way i get a lot more action after the flop, and i will be able to bluff better after I show done a monster or two. But, if some guy is constantly raising my blinds i will three bet him whenever i think i am in the lead. And, A move that i don't see a lot of people doing is the three bet resteal, if you think he is weak you three bet, and try to resteal from him. A three bet from the blinds is always construed as some monster hand, especially if it came from you. As a test, if you think the player is weak, three bet without looking at your cards. I do and it actually works (sometimes). anywayz, thats my thoughts on the matter. where are you playing nowadays?