View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: because it must be at least 10 mins without a post about pocket ja

Well I was going to reply before I read the results, but then curiousity got the better of me and I peaked, so consider this tainted if you will.

I bet that river. I hate that queen, but I still bet with position and two checks each from your opponents.

You can't really trust the turn checks, either of those guys could be going for the check raise...but if so they'd have bet the river. Once they display all that weakness on two successive streets I put in one more with my Jacks.

Both these guys are Pf limpers, UTG bet out on the flop, but that could mean anything, and utg+2 never had to call more than one at a time. You won't win this all the time, maybe not most of the time, but you'll win it a fair amount of the time.

If you didn't have position, if there were still players to act behind you, probably a different story.

I'm betting for value a lot more on the river than I used to and I have very good results with it--its amazing what people are in with.

--Zetack

Edit: I peaked because even thought I woulda bet the river, I kinda liked utg for a weak king.