View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Am I ready for mid-limit?

Listen to your friend.

15 examples of any hand, regardless of results, is not enough of a sample size to drive any conclusions from.

If you have the bankroll to play in bigger games or no attachment to the money, then the decision to play them is up to you.

I think you should concentrate on beating the low limit games over a prolonged period of time before moving up to mid and high limit games. But play where you are comfortable, just don't allow your short term results to dictate your limit of play as they are meaningless.

The quality of players in low limit vs mid limit is not very different from what I have experienced approaching 75K hands. (still not even remotely a good enough sample)

If you are beating 9/18 70% of the time, hang there for awhile and keep beating it...sounds like a profitable game for you. If you can maintain that over a prolonged period of time and many hands...build up your bankroll and re-evaluate moving up.

The poker games aren't going anywhere, your 6 months in...take your time and develop your game...no need to rush.

That's my .02, good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]