Thread: 3 Live Hands
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: 3 Live Hands

hand 1: i like the way you played it.

hand 2: i would raise pre-flop up to 12 or so. i'd do it hoping to pick it up there but also thinking i'd have a good chance to steal on the flop, and also to add some deception.

given the call, folding on the flop is probably a good idea. there aren't too many hands you can legitimately fear - BB could have Ac Jc or Ac Kc but i would expect anyone else with top pair + nut flush draw to raise the flop. either of the next two guys could have Kc Jc or Jc 9c, but those are probably not too likely. that said though, i think the fold is probably a good choice. the pot's pretty small, and draws to the non-nuts are dicey.

hand 3: i would muck 68o in MP pretty quickly. i would call the SB's original 10, but then when he made it 20 more to go, i would push. a push here is roughly a pot-sized bet (since they are short-stacked), and you're happy to pick up the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
I think played this fairly poorly, but at least at each juncture I was faced with calling bets with pretty good odds

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. when figuring odds you have to consider the possibility that you'll be faced with more bets before the betting round closes.