View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Hand for Review: JJ in MP

[ QUOTE ]
I could not imagine what CO could have had that put him ahead of me on the flop based on his preflop action, yet I still wimped out.

[/ QUOTE ]

warik...

i've been playing a bunch at the 10 game on party. sometimes you're at my table, sometimes not...but you do play the same game i do and i can sure as hell think of a few hands played as the CO did that are ahead of you after he caps the flop. they DO call with that crap...even down to 32 at times...hell, i can think of 5 names RIGHT NOW that would do that and then cap the flop.

irrrrrrregardless i'm seeing a showdown so the check call on the turn was good...what is he drawing to that a free turn card will help beat you? an ace king or queen?? i don't think so...hes got you beat now or you beat him by a lot and he's drawing to 2 outs, so check call and check call is fine turn and river play by me unimproved...

but you did improve, and you should bet out, whatever he has on the flop that he bet on the turn he may now check behind if he doesn't have a 7 or J beat (low coldcalling preflop pocket pair played crazily) but will CERTAINLY raise if he still has that 2, so bet out and get as many bets as possible...

-Barron