Thread: Plugging Leaks
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Plugging Leaks

Hello all, I am a longtime lurker who has started playing a lot of PP 10-20 in my spare time. I feel comfortable (mostly) with my play pre-flop, but I would categorize myself as LAG post-flop and have been trying to tighten up considerably. I think my post-flop LAG tendencies result from a desire to do everything possible to win every pot as opposed to win the most money. Hence, the post.

Hand 1: I just sat down and have no reads/notes on any of the players.

UG calls, folded to the button who calls, I raise in the SB with red queens, all call.

Flop: 10 9 5 rainbow.
I bet, BB calls, UG raises, buttong calls, I reraise, BB calls, UG caps, all call.

It has been my experience (albeit limited) that when someone re-raises my raise on the flop it means they usually can beat one pair, but I understand that the PP folk could very easily play A10, JJ or much worse hyper agressively. If this was heads-up I would either check-raise the turn (40%) or go into check call mode (60)%.

Turn: (10 9 5) 9 no flush possible.
I check, BB checks, UG bets, button calls, I muck, BB calls.

River: Brick
Check, bet, call, call.

On the turn, there were 14 BB's in the pot when the action was to me, but the presence of the button and BB calling all of the rasies had me thinking that even if UG didn't have me beat, at least one of them had a 9. Thoughts?

Hand 2: This is bread and butter, but because it is so common I would like your input on my current thinking. I have no reads on any of the players.

Folded to MP1 who calls, MP2 calls, I raise from CU with AKs, folded to BB who calls.

Flop: 10 8 6 (two clubs)
Check, Check, Check, Check (with the plan of check-folding if unimproved on the turn)

My thinking here is that with 4 opponents I am behind here much more often than I am ahead and a bet will not fold anyone with a PP or any peice of the board. Change the number of opponents to two and I would bet (with a hoped for turn bet, river check through if unimproved). Thoughts?

Hand 3:

I open call with 77 in MP2 (debatable?), CU, button, SB and BB come along.

Flop: Q 6 3

Check, check, I bet, call, call, call, fold.

Turn: (Q 6 3) 2
Check, I bet, call, call, fold.

River: (Q 6 3 2) 10
I check, bet, call, I call.

Results to follow.