View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 06:58 PM

Default interesting heads up problem

I play a lot of SNGs on UB, where I'm fairly successful...I've recently started playing the heads-up SNGs for practice and I'm now very confident in my HU play... Over the last three months, I'm averaging over a
%75 win rate HU. Not bad.

The other day, however, I came across an opponent I didn't know what to do with. He was obviously inexperienced but hit upon a strategy that was working very well until I got lucky and sucked out on him once or twice. He iether had no clue what he was doing or he was incredibly clever - I can't figure which! Anyway, here it is:

Not every hand - but close to every hand, he would move all-in. Whether he was ahead or behind, it didn't matter. Everytime I limped, he pushed all-in. If I made a reasonable raise, he pushed all-in. Any other time, he'd just fold pre-flop. It had me flummoxed! I started folding hands pre-flop I never would've previously, like 10-9 or J-8 suited...It became strictly a big-card, showdown game. All the skill had been taken out of it! Was this a moronic thing for him to do or do you suppose this to be a pretty good strategy for when you know you're outclassed after the flop?