View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 02:32 AM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

There is no 'general' misconception here.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to think that the Party skins are just loaded with fish and the other sites are much tougher games.

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't think.. we know.

[ QUOTE ]
At the limits I mentioned, I don't think that statement could be further from the truth, and I doubt that many of the people making those statements have played on all these sites recently.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I haven't played poker in over a year.. only occassionally helped a friend in need of props when I've had free time to spare. But, I do participate in ongoing discussion sessions with a number of pros and semi-pros (including the mythical ones hitting 7-10K a month on Party).. the only thing untruthful is your suggestion that generally speaking, PS and UB games are as soft as Party's.

[ QUOTE ]
The rake at Party is the highest of all the sites at those levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a whole, 'we' do not have 'general' misconceptions. Is the misconception of Party having the highest rake at those levels specific or deliberate on your part?

Ub's 2/4 and 3/6 games are raked at $0.25 increments (for every $5), whereas Party rakes $1 at $20, and $0.50 at every $10 thereafter. Ub's games are the highest raked. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Ub has the highest rake on the internet because of affiliates. Boycott Ub! /sarcasm

[ QUOTE ]
At UB you can pretty much play rake free with thier almost unlimitited amount of bonus dollar offers.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is kinda true.. but I've already posted elsewhere about how much a deposit bonus + poor game is worth compared to a reasonable rake rebate + good game. Really.. to go to the trouble of moving 100 to 200 BB's to one of those sites, just to move it back for a net gain of a few BB's is just too much trouble for most pros. And many of the recently-acquired-pro-status-by-default-because-of-too-many-fish-on-Party type of semi-pros will suffer a net negative gain for their bonus clearing troubles. Really, I still poke fun at a couple of the ones I know personally that have suffered a net negative gain (multiple times each) for their troubles of opening an account and trying to take advantage of a PS or UB bonus offer.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why it seems to be a consensus here that the easist and best games are at Party, thats just not the reality of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reality of it: you are in denial.

If you really have a bone to pick with Party.. that's cool. Personally, I love Ub's GUI and can't stand Party's. But understand that you are not doing these sites any favors posting here, to a hardcore audience. Instead, you should sell your fallicious arguments to beginners to send them to those sites.. and the hardcore junkies here will follow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]