View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Queens are a bust!

you seem to want to learn and picked a good place to do it.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, how good are the people on this forum? Everyone seems to know *so* much about poker, I would assuming they are all killing it. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know many people on this forum are fantastic players...OTHER than david, mason and ray, who, come to think of it, i haven't seen post a hand he played in since the NL hand with AcKc where the maniac behind him hit his Q w/ Q8o on the river to win a 10k+ pot...great thread and real top notch turn play with river reasoning behind it...he should be posting more of those although i guess they don't happen too often.

in any case, some people on here kill the game, some lose (there are a lot of 2+2'ers remember and not all are winners), some break even, some win marginally. in any sample there is a distribution that is not centered entirely around an identifiable central tendency with a small variance...aka, people will be on all sides. those who post most often don't necessarily possess the most skill...i am a perfect example of that. i don't have anywhere near the skill i'd like to have and continue to post and learn...occasionally i get to help those who are earlier in the learning process than myself.

-Barron