View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 12:53 AM

Default my poker problem

hi everyone i thought i would post my problem and hopefully i could get some help. my main problem right now (and this has always been true about me) is i suck at math. now i realize there is a lot of math you can just memorize which i have. (such as odds of making a certain number of outs) the most difficult thing to do at the table for me is to count bets which is embarasing to admit. when i count bets in a pot i always miss a lot of other things, like reading hands well, anticipating a raise, bet, or fold. for instance normally after a session i can remember a large amount of showdown cards a person happened to play, after my session tonight (because i am trying to improve at my pot attention) i can hardly remember any plus i missed details i would normally caught that would have helped me lay down a few second best hands. i have always been most succesful when my attention to the pot is more general. is there anything i can do away from the tables to help me with this? also how much would i be giving up by just paying general attention to the pot? i am left handed right brained and can hardly count i guess. advice anyone?