View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Queens are a bust!

[ QUOTE ]
Great analysis, thanks. I am new to this game and really trying to pick up on the subtleties.

[/ QUOTE ]

subtleties like if you're new to the game, start LOWER than $400 buy in NL??? or do you mean subtleties like playing on the easier to beat site Party rather than the tougher site, Pokerstars??

[ QUOTE ]
I think I played this miserably. First, it was my fourth hand at the table so I had no read on anyone and they had no read on me (first mistake).

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was like your second mistake if you count sitting in the game.

[ QUOTE ]

The thing about queens, and the reason I titled my post as I did, was because with the flop as such I do not see anyone who called my pre-flop raise calling my push unless they are way ahead of me or a very loose with the 67c.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh huh.

[ QUOTE ]

Standard logic would say that I got called by a big pair, maybe a medium or smallish pair if the table is loose or maybe AK, AQ or AJ (though the latter two are less likely). AK is not calling a re-raise in that situation so that leaves only easy folds and hands that are way ahead. So, I lost a bundle to .... 55!

[/ QUOTE ]

SHOCKER, he had 55?!?!? no WAY!!!!

way man...betting $4 into a $54 pot and then reraising an obviously good hand to $76...puhlease budddddy.

-Barron