Thread: 40-80 Hand
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Re: 40-80 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with you there. I think he's betting the flop with 1010. I also think if he does happen to hold that hand, he is defintely calling the river if he decided to call the turn. You said he was a solid player right? The river was brick and the pot is large. When a reasonable player makes a call on the turn like that with something lke 10's, he's gonna call the river just about everytime a blank falls on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, though, Clark is gaining a little bit of extra bluffing equity from the fact that he open-raised from EP ... presumably he's not open-raising from EP with 98s if his table image is very loose. It would be natural for the Button to put him on a hand that contains a Q or a J, and the fact that the Button checked the flop is pretty significant here, since it indicates that he's scared of a check-raise. If it was the MP player that had called the turn bet, we'd have a different situation here.

I don't think he's going to fold TT all the time here, but I think he'll fold it some of the time in a pot that is *not* all that large. There are really only so many hands that he can hold here, and a bet costs you very little in EV against AK.