View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Check this down? Orleans Sunday LHE

First time playing the Orlean's Sunday 7:00 Limit hold'em tourney ($63+50 gets you T500/T800) and went out on this hand. Started with ~80 (a little smaller than usual on account of Father's day). We're down to about 30 at level 11 with blinds of 200/500.

I'm in the BB with a severely reduced stack (my trip Ks lost to rivered Broadway straights against two all-ins a few hands before). I have enough for maybe 1 or 2 more rounds.

Pre-flop, UTG player to my left goes all in for a partial raise. Big stack calls in the cut off and I look down to see KJd. I raise to see if I can get heads up with the all-in but the LP player calls. (question 1: should I have just called?)

Flop comes Kc high with two clubs. I bet here and get called. (question 2: should I have checked?)

Turn comes another baby club. I bet, he calls. (question 3: should I shut down now that it's unlikely I can drive out the LP?).

River is the Ace of clubs. I go all in for my remaining T200. (question 4: save the 200 and use it for my SB next hand?)

Should I have tried to check it down with the LP player in the hope of removing the all-in player? We're still at 30 and I think too early to worry about moving up a place? I am definitely under the average stack size so I needed to build my stack.

Turns out that the All-in had QQ with the Qc to win the main ot and the LP player had JJ with Jc to take the side pot.

I realize that between the two of them there were plenty of cards that could have taken me down (any club[8], Queen[2] or Jack[1]), but I feel good knowing that I was ahead when I got all but the last of my money in there.

Thanks for your time