View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Got my ear chewed out on this hand, but I think it was an okay call.

Hand from last night. 5/10 game. This table coach and all-around jerk had a fit over the hand that follows. I didn't really get into it with him, but want some 2+2 opinions.

Going from memory here so please bare with me....

All players are unknown to me. I'm in MP w/ A-Q ( [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unimportant) I raise, get one LP cold caller behind me and the Coach calls in the BB.

Flop: 9-6-6 Check to me, I bet, LP folds, BB raises. I call.

Turn: Q, BB Coach bets into me, I call (thought about raising which is what I think I should have done, but hindsight is 20/20...)

River: 6 (6-6-9-Q-6 board) BB bets into me and I call (Once again, here I really should have raised, but I didn't for a stupid fear of him having the pocket 6. Stupid and pus*y-like, I know [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

He flips over a 9x for the full house 6s full of 9 and I take the pot with the 6s full of Queens. At this point he goes balistic: "how could I call the flop raise fish? Etc."

Am I way off here? I don't think the call of the rasie was that horrible. I was already committed 50% of the bet, it was heads up and I had two very strong overcards. My feelings may have been different if we had a few more people in the hand, but without knowing anything about this guy I though it was worth seeing the turn. Was this a totally fishy play by me on the turn?

Thanks for the advice in advance!