View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Would you play this differently?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

I don't really love my hand drawing to the bottom end with a 2 flush and a paired board likely to have hit limpers. On the other hand I'm getting 18:1 and I think thats too big of an overlay to ignore with an oesd.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I still don't like it but I'm getting 11.5:1

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

The bet in front of me screams of QJ, but I call because of the pot size. I call the last raise because I'm closing the betting and the raiser is pretty crazy, but he can't steal the pot here so I'm thinking that I will lose to a full house.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between MP1, Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Js Qd (straight, queen high).
Hero shows 6s 7s (straight, ten high).
Button shows 9s 9d (full house, nines full of eights).
Outcome: Button wins 18.50 BB. </font>

I posted this because I didn't really ever feel comfortable that I had a good chance of winning. I just sat there hitting the call button like a fish because of the pot size. Fishy or good play?