View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Two poorly played 99 hands, please help me out

Hand 1:

I don't like the preflop raise with 99 in most loose games, except perhaps the button, prefering instead to limp and see what happens. If raised, call - you still have good position.

On the flop, I would tend to bet here for several reasons (a) there's a good chance you have the best hand, (b) information - if the button just calls, it's now much more likely you are ahead (c) chance to isolate against the button - ie. you bet, button raise - BB may drop giving you Heads up (minus the all-in) - 99 vs the button on this flop seems much better than mulit-way.

Turn: Nothing up to this point indicates you're beat. Check/call here or bet out.

River: Bad card, but I think you have to pay off unless there's more folks still in and suddenly come alive.

Hand 2:

Raise is ok preflop

Flop: I think you're beat after the 3-bet but it depends on how manical this table was. Some folks just raise for action given this is a small microgame so you kind of have to play it by ear. Play the player but be mindfull of those who cold-call. SB's 3-bet suggests Q's 4's or maybe flush draw, hard to say at this limit.

Turn and River - Either stay until the river or fold to a bet on the turn. My guess, you're beat by flush or Q's or better. Winning holding 9944Q with this boards seems unlikely