View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Thanks for a great bachelor/retirement party

"Hey Mike. Dont sit in the $10 game today, the games are tougher today then normal"... a local says to me after I see him in the room. Having +20 members of an elite secret poker society will do that. Bush and other Yale graudates has Skull and Bones, we have Poobahs and Carpal Tunnels.

I do not have much to post about as far as poker goes. I played for 2 hours Saturday and the deck hit me in the face. I quit playing after I went up 40 big bets.

I enjoyed meeting everyone at dinner. I enjoyed talking to everyone and getting to know more about everyone. I can only learn so much about someone over an internet board.

One tidbit of information. JTG and I were the only left handed people there out of about 15. Strange how neither one of us consider ourselves "creative" players.

Oh, by the way,to the younguns I wasnt the second oldest poster there. Thanks for the compliment anyway.

I was the drunkest, although Zack came close [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. He started to sober up, just as I hit my drinking stride.

Again thanks to everyone for a great time. Joe U, did you ever get a cigar? I think at the next gathering someone should volunteer to have a box made up.

My personal top 5 moments about the trip

5) 20 of us in Joe's (Joe Tall) room and Joe (Joe U) calling the poker room to get everyone on a list. In the background a listener could hear the splattering of chips and a poker game in the background.

4) My friend John telling me to stay away from the $10 games.

3) Chris (Bottlesof) asking me if I really retired from playing poker.

2) Jeff (JTG51) Joe (JoeTall) and Kevin (Mosch) discussing a hand in which Jeff hit his straight against Kevins flopped set. Jeffs comment on why he didnt go to war on the flop," I knew I would hit it on the turn and I could check raise".

1)Getting drunk at dinner