View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: What do I keep doing wrong to be -BB/100? Help please.

I abandoned my PokerTracker pretty early on... I don't even have enough stats in it to hazard a guess as to what my norm is. Nonetheless, I'll give it a try.

I *think* pre-flop raising looks a little low, but I'm not certain. I'm sure someone with more knowledge and experience will weigh in on this though.

I agree that it is important to find leaks as fast as you can--waiting til 10,000 hands is silly. I am not a statistician; I do not know the exact number you need to have a fair idea of how well you're doing, but I definitely think it's good to monitor your game both when you feel you're on top of it, and when you're losing. Good on you, taking the time to check on that.

.5/1 is a very LAGgy game. While it's pretty profitable overall, the swings can get pretty harsh. A couple bad sessions back to back can make even a solid and confident player somewhat concerned about their play, imo. It doesn't mean that something is wrong necessarily.

Hand One: Raise pre-flop is perfect. 3-bet the flop. Not only do you have top pair here, but you are also OESD. I'd bet the turn and river too. This time you got hit, but the aggression will help you far more often than not.

Hand Two: I personally don't raise KJs pre-flop in early. I like the flop bet. I don't like the turn though; at these limits, no one will fold a single pair. You have yet to hit the flush or any overcards. Here is where I check-call, and be prepared to check-fold the river if it doesn't help.

Hand Three: Pre-flop is good. Ugh, flop. Hate it when that happens. Personally, I raise or fold that flop. There are so many people in that someone assuredly has an ace. Since UTG came out betting, you can be certain he has an ace. Your hand is no good. I'd muck it. I raise it when I think a weak ace will fold. [not often] I come out betting if I am first to act so that no one represents an ace and swipes it. But in that case, I'd be nearly 100% certain I'm beat.

Hand Four: I'd play the exact same way. UTG+1 should be hung by the nostrils for wasting such a beautiful hand. Be thankful he was an idiot... he could have cost you a bundle.