View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 09:20 AM

Default Should everybody hate me for this?

I'll stick my thoughts in italics throughout:

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

A little loose pre-flop, K9s is just below Lee Jones' recommended starting hands for early position, but the table is very loose (55-60% typically see the flop) so I decide to risk it. Calling the raise is an easy choice, I'm getting 10:1 on putting this last bet in. I'm not too concerned about MP1's raise as he is extremely LAG, often raises pre-flop then calls down to the river with utter junk. Anyway, I'm probably a little loose here, but I am in the pot so lets see how the rest of it pans out...

Flop: (11.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, MP1 folds, CO raises, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Top pair, with a semi-decent kicker, I decide to bet out here as the board is rags so I think I have a decent shot. The reraise is a bit worrying, at this point I think MP1 probably has two pair, but decide to stay in as there are two other players just cold-calling bets and depending on the turn I could have a hand with lots of potential (I'd like to see a 10 or jack for a straight draw on the river or a spade for a flush draw). I also still have top pair so could already hold the best hand. If I don't improve on the turn I plan to fold.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Got a flush draw, so I bet out, everybody except for the CO folds so I don't have the odds to reraise but will call and see the river...

River: (13.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls.
Bingo! I have been burnt before by trying to checkraise when I hit a flush and just getting it checked around so decide to bet here. I'm not sure why he reraised this, it is blindingly obvious that I have the flush, still I'm glad that he did.
Final Pot: 19.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s Ks (flush, king high).
CO shows Kh Qh (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.70 BB. </font>

So exactly how badly did I play this? And how angry with me did he have a right to be? Any (constructive!) comments appreciated

I got an called all sorts of names after this hand, and am now on his buddy list so that he can follow me around from table to table (oh so very indimidating [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). My only reply to him in the chat:

Zeiros: I like you, Powerman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]