View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Flush > Full House?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a lot more apt to play a flush if it has an ace or king, I won't fold a lower flush most of the time, but I just don't get them that often as I try to position myself into a place where I have the absolute nut for that hand. If the board does not pair, and there are not three flushed cards within the range of a straight, you can not be beaten with an ace high flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotten to the heart of what I was trying to say in a much more eloquent fashion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When you play AXs, you generally going after a nut flush. If it looks like you're not going to get it, you can dump it.

OTOH, people don't play pairs hoping to make full houses. If they partially hit, they're much harder to get away from. For example:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.70 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

See what I mean about going too far with full houses? I know I should've just called here, but I was hoping against hope that UTG was betting the flush [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].