View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Short-stack question

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys still think the limp is not a particularly attractive option with limpers before you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like giving anyone a free or cheap look at the fllop. Personally, I believe in the motto "If the hand cannot be raised, then it shouldn't be played" (small pp's excepted). There are times when limping works, but I play an aggressive style so I generally don't limp, unless I'm trying to trap from EP or just mixing it up if I've played alot of hands.
I would save the bet with KJo (fold) or raise at least 4-5bb's to steal (I don't think 3bb's is enough to steal when there are 2 limpers)

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm understanding you correctly, if you make the big raise and get called by one of the limpers, you're going to bet the flop here if it's checked to you whether or not you hit (read-based departures notwithstanding).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You have commited 1/2 your stack to the pot, and unless your opponent leads into you, I push. Most of the time the flop misses everyone, and you want to put the other player to a big chip decision on the flop. Of course an A could flop and a push would be scary, but the A might scare your opponent too.
Not everyone will agree with me on this, but this can be an effective strategy.
regards,
woodguy