View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Short-stack question

This is very interesting. Introducing "trouble mode" over and above "all-in" mode definitely makes it harder for them to knock you out and also makes for a pot that will actually put you in good shape again if you can take it.

The "10 BB" point is indeed seeming to me to be a kind of magic number here. I had myself been putting that point as "all-in" mode, but I think McEvoy's idea provides a few more attractive options.

That's also the reason, though, that I chose exactly 2,200 as stack-size, which is 11 BB, hence not quite even trouble mode yet (becomes trouble mode in the case of antes).

Do you guys still think the limp is not a particularly attractive option with limpers before you?

Basically, by the standards you suggest, one is in "pre-trouble mode" here. I think without limpers or antes, all things considered, I'm liking the 2.5 BB raise as blind steal attempt, but with limpers, I'm still not completely convinced that limping is out of the question.

But with antes follow your suggestion of the bigger raise and playing it in trouble mode.

If I'm understanding you correctly, if you make the big raise and get called by one of the limpers, you're going to bet the flop here if it's checked to you whether or not you hit (read-based departures notwithstanding).