View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: JTs at the button after a raise

I don't really like any of it. I know an argument can be made for coldcalling JTs preflop, and I would probably have been the first one to make it awhile back. Now, I may just save chips for when I'm stronger or in a better position vs. preflop raiser on a drawing hand. The flop is not good, you're ahead of AK and/or a bettor and caller of underpairs. AK's jack outs are the same as yours, but to a better hand. It looks like a two outer that some of the time will lose big to QQ. Of course, you do have the backdoor non-nut flush draw. Nevertheless, I would fold. On the turn, MP3 really indicates a strong hand to a preflop raiser and coldcaller. If he's semibluffing because he's picked up a gutshot with his pair, you're pretty much drawing to a spade, I don't think you have any other outs except maybe to a split. If he's made or slowplayed a set, the Q spades is bad. A higher flush could also be out there. If MP1 has KJ or QQ, you're going to get caught in a raising war. But the pot has grown large. On the river, the pot has gotten so big I think you have to call and hope MP3 was just semi-bluffing and somebody isn't going to checkraise.