View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Single table Tournament poker

It sounds like you're getting some solid advice here but here's my two cents as a likely customer.

First, I don't think that it is a problem that you aren't a highly recognized expert or that this won't be a 2+2 type reference work. As long as you recognize what this does to your market I think that there is still a market there.

Second, complete hand histories of SNGs sounds extremely unpleasant. Even sample histories, while necessary, are tiring to read. Maybe an excerpted history with commentary pulling the pieces together.

Third, I think you need to cover the PokerStars two table tournaments as well. Be very specific. Show how blind structure differences at the different sites affect play.

At $10-$15 a copy, a very pragmatic guide to SNGs would be appealing. I think that one way to look at the market for this would be people that know the basics but just aren't putting it together yet. I don't want a rehash of basics in general but pointing out which basics people tend to screw up would be good. General theory is good, of course, but a lot of "situations" with bullet points can really help someone get started. Depending on how ambitious you want to be, an ebook might be entirely reasonable for this project.