View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Single table Tournament poker

Hi Brad

I know nothing about writing or publishing but as a small buy in SNG player you may be interested in my thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
How many would be interested in such a book

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think you'll sell more than a few thousand tops but I hope I'm wrong. How many internet poker books have been written? How many have been sold? Your market is even smaller than this but if you're gonna do it anyway which it seems like you are.........

[ QUOTE ]
My intention is to self publish

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? This means you have to advertise, market and sell the book yourself doesn't it? There are lots of publishers of gambling books, why not send in a couple of chapters to them and see what they say? You don't need to be published by 2+2 (although that would be nice eh?) Perhaps someone in The Gamblers Book Store or somewhere like that could point you in the right direction.

[ QUOTE ]
seek out a top player known to frequent the large buy-in sngs

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just read that some guy called fossil somethingorother has played a few $200s. Perhaps he'd read through your book for a slice of the profits.

[ QUOTE ]
first goal for my intended audience is becoming a winner at 30+3 and below.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sit at work with a calculator playing with ROIs, Buy ins and number of SNGs I could play in a day. One day I'm gonna resign and earn a living multi tabling $33s [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Hurry up with this damn book will ya.

[ QUOTE ]
a number (1-5 most likely) of complete (winning) tournament summaries

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you'll need to be a good writer. Hand Historys bore me to tears, even Bisons converted hands (brilliant though his program is) make my eyes glaze over. But some people can write how a hand developed in a fasinating, edge of the seat kinda way. I don't know how to do it but this is gonna be vital if you don't want people falling asleep. If you can do it in an interesting way then I'd say put them in.

[ QUOTE ]
a section on the mathematics of sng record keeping

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah good idea I'll need to know all this stuff brfore I turn pro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
have not yet written any kind of introductory material

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to put something in I think even if it's just in a glossery at the back of the book or something. As another poster said you may get an idea from WLLH.

[ QUOTE ]
This book is thus far limited exclusively to No-Limit Hold'em sngs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd stick to what you know after all Masons probably gonna review it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] A lot of ideas will be the same whatever the game won't they? I dunno I'm an exclusivley No Limit wannabe sit at home in me pants all day pro SNG player [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyway I'll be the first to buy it however you sort it. I won't even wait for that Mason review [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck