Thread: Poker Team
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Poker Team

I agree with this post, but would like to again stress the improtance of NO COLLUSION. It can be tempting, and if applied correctly can even be profitable. But let's keep it real. Having a team certainly could do a lot for you in the long run. You could learn from each others mistakes, share notes, and just support each other. I would think you would want a group that are all pretty good tournament players (nothing like stating the obvious). By this I also mean that the team should really do its homework before it begins play. Try to make everyone on the team equal by everyone sharing all the information on tournament play they have. It would make no sense for all of you to blindly throw chips and buy-ins around in tournament play. The team, as in any team activity, should always come before the individual. The other problem I see is when one guy keeps finishing in the money when all the others do not. The one winning player may get tired of splitting his winning with a team he's gaining nothing from. Again, this may be able to be solved through team "meetings/practice" where information is exchanged.