View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: My first 2-table SNG on Stars(Warning - Newbie content!)

not to mention that I finished 2nd after being down to T600 chips with 5 players remaining, and the blinds 100/200

Congrats again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The strategies are very similar. There is a case for making the occasional, and I mean occasional, loose button call if you feel you have very large implied odds (IE: Very loose opponents post flop) as the first prize and second prize are both larger than a normal 1st place finish.

Also to be noted is the different prize structure, with 3rd being worth double that of 4th, meaning some risks can be taken to secure the 3rd place money.
(Simply, if you are short and feel you have a better than 50-50 shot at finishing 3rd rather than 4th, it is worth a go. You'll have to put your own take on this sentence, but it gets the idea across I hope)

It is a good schooling ground for the transition from SNG's to MTT's or visa-versa and for learning both (which appears to be your current mission) I would think they are pretty much ideal.

Something that just occured to me that may be of interest is that Party have play money sngs, you might want to test some alternate strategies there for a laugh and see why what you are doing is considered the 'best' way.

Lori