View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Possible next step

I agree. And I don't see why with your idea one can't do the same from other positions really. Also, the shorthanded situations several people have talked about have some interest. I just hesitate for the moment to run through the whole thing without figuring out the parameters beforehand (it shouldn't be that hard, but will involve a little time counting through all the hands and finding the n-th root of the appropriate number).

My main interest at the moment would still be: How short does your stack need to be to want to go all in with the median best hand? I'm thinking slightly larger stack-sizes might then require more like 60% chance of being the best hand, and so forth... basically, until the stack-size gets to the point where you can afford to limp and play the hand.

Just on the basis of experience, I'm also thinking it starts to become interesting at a stack size of 10 BB or less, but I feel like there should be a way to at least bring additional mathematical aspects into play here.