View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: How do you play this?

If you felt his flop bet was weak (and it certainly looked like that), then you should have check raised all-in. Raising to 12k gives him odds of almost 4/1. Raising all-in makes it much more unattractive for him. He must think that you have an overpair, but that an A or K will win it for him. The odds are not in his favour but since you didn’t give us his stack size maybe it’s not such a bad call, especially if an Ace or King comes on the turn and he thinks you are pot-committed.

On the turn you are betting 18k into a 43k pot. He has to call this as he has 14 outs.
I’m not sure what you could have done here. I suppose at that stage you just had to go all-in and hope that he hadn’t picked up a draw. The damage had already been done.
You should not have left yourself with such a small stack (compared to the pot) when you were on a bluff.

If I had raised pre-flop with that hand, then I would have followed up with an all-in on the flop. That flop was perfect for a pre-flop raiser.

I’m not going to mention that raising one sixth of your stack with that hand in EMP position was not the best move in the world. Especially if you’re not going to follow through on a non-scary flop.