View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Armchair Psychiatrist needed: managing mood swings & tilt factor?

for what it's worth....i did not catch too much of a defensive tone in your previous post and it DID strike me as a request for clarification.
i thought chesspain's accusations of defensiveness weren't entirely necessary and it did seem some clarification on both sides was called for....i too thought that your initial post was referring to bad-beats tilting you out at the poker-table....not everyday life-stress issues.

however, your response here is extremely over-the-top and lends credence to some of chesspain's observations regarding emotional maturity.

i'm not saying i have the toughest life in the world....but i dont have ANY problems in my everyday life that set me off for days or cause me such distress as to effect my poker-game (or much of anything else for that matter).

additionally, your ideas that chesspain is recommending you seek help just so some other professional can make $$$ off you is kind of silly.

do you think chesspain has some friend in America's Dairyland who is just licking their chops waiting to make a profit off of you??

i have a relative who had some minor anger management issues. after seeking a little bit of help and also trying a little bit of medication (i think Paxil...not sure) the behavioural and mood changes are noticeable. said relative reports feeling better about things in general and also sleeping better (after several years battling insomnia).

i am not a big fan of meds being a 'cure-all' for all of life's ills....but in my limited experience with someone who has tried them with successful results i can say that they do seem to work in certain situations.

i dont know if you need to talk things out or whether you could benefit from some meds or not....but if life's general problems are causing such an impact in your life i suggest you do something about it because it doesn't seem terribly healthy.

life's to short to be that upset all the time....get your various issues straightened out.