View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Take a ride with me through my craptastic tourney play (long)

Just some quick thoughts.

Hand 11: I have a personal hatred for KJ, that hand always seems to get me into trouble. I certainly would not raise in EP like you did here, this is either a limp behind situation (with the blinds so low), or a fold preflop. I would tend to limp if there hasn't been much preflop raising at the table, and tend to fold if you have some lively players acting after you, you don't want to play this hand out of position. On the flop, you are making a terrible, terrible, terrible mistake. The check, check, bet is fine, but after the reraise and cold call, get out of the hand. Its way too early in the tourny to get caught up in this.

Hand 19: You are ahead here about 80% of the time, but I would do the same and check behind.

No number hand after 19: Bet the flop, this isnt a check raising situation IMO. I'd bet strong, take down the small pot.

Hand 68: Lovely.

Hand 68 the second: I would take the free card like you did. You dont want a check raise here. You are likely against a mid pocket pair, that may put you on over cards and push on your flop bet. I like the way you played it.

Hand 106: Standard.

Hand 110: This, in my opinion, is probably your weakest play so far. If you are heads up, this is an easy fold, but the fact that you are getting four way action with a pocket pair is ideal. There was no possibility of someone reraising behind you, I'd take the chance and call. Fold preflop if you are not going to call 600 for a chance to win 2600 (+implied odds).

Hand 112: This is even worse than the 55 hand! How can you not bet that flop? What cards do you have him on? Do you want him to see a free AKQ come on the turn? This is sloppy IMO. Pot bet on the flop, nothing less. Your preflop play is fine, I wouldn't push here. There are lots of flops where jacks can really evidently be far behind.

Hand 113: Why are you checking jacks here preflop? I understand why you don't want to play them out of position, but you are going to be ahead of your opponents a great majority of the time in this situation. Unless you think they would all call, I would strongly consider raising the pot preflop. On the flop, you NEED to bet. You like to checkraise too much. There is a lot of money in the pot already, take it down! What if you didnt have the chance to checkraise here? Again, if you decide to check preflop, you must lead in here.

Hand 124: This hand is tough, and I understand your issue. I think I'd play it the same way.

Hand 129: Interesting. Two options: Raise, or call. Calling is weak, but I have to say I would love to see the turn before committing a huge amount of chips here. If another jack comes, a non-club ace comes, I may toss my hand on the turn. If my opponent is capable of folding here with a jack, I'd make it about 8k--of course, then you are completely pot committing yourself where on the flop you are probably in a coinflip situation.

Hope that helped.