View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 10:34 PM

Default That\'s what you think

[ QUOTE ]
You're being way too results-oriented.

I think you played it terribly.

Your opponent could VERY easily have had QQ, or even something quite weaker. He reraised you and then bet the pot when you showed weakness and checked on a ragged board. He could be holding 99 and be putting you on a steal PF.

Why the heck did you check that flop? Barring a K flopping, that flop was almost exactly what you want to see with KK.

If you check that flop with KK it better be because you want to checkraise all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being that this was a live game, and I had been playing with this player all night, I knew that he does not make this play with QQ. The only other hand I could put him on other than AA is the other two kings. So I'm almost sure I'm beat, with a small chance of a split pot. If this were online, then your analysis would be correct, but my read of the player was dead on. I fold this every time with the read I had, and I definitely didn't play it terribly.

The only time I ever check this flop with KK is when I think I'm beat, the pot sized bet confirmed my read. A check raise all in here is a terrible play considering the player I was up against. I stand by my play as the correct one.

Justin A