View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Starting up a home game conundrum

I'd reccomend inviting anyone who will play to get the game going. Unless you really fear that a "girl" (she won't be pregnant forever) will completely wreck the "guy's night" that some would need, it really isn't a big deal. WE have a couple of women who play in our home game and it's no less of a "guy's night" with them there. They give and take the crap just like the rest of us.

It really depends on her personality. Can she hang with the guys? Will she be offended by some probable lude comments? Can she take the good natured BSing that goes on in a poker game? If she can handle it, the game will be fine. If she's not able to give and take a little grief then it probably would be no fun. The only reason I could see this being a problem is if she really doesn't play poker (every action has to be explained to her all night long) - then she will be an unwelcome guest in the game - it looks like she's there just to keep an eye on the hubby. (I would feel this way even if it were a guy!)

When I'm playing with a "couple", I'm more concerned that they'll soft play each other and that is not good. They need to be willing to bust each other out or else there will be some game problems. That would be my biggest issue with your brother's request to include his wife.