View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: My Stud Mistakes

Very well written and though out post. Thanks. This whole thread has been great. A few comments, if I may:

[ QUOTE ]
the advice in 7csfap is not nearly as relevant or even applicable at all in many cases there [microlimits].

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally agree. It showed me (and continues to) how much I have to learn about stud. But what money I've made at these limits is because of Roy West.

[ QUOTE ]
As another poster profoundly put your going to make 2 pair more often with these hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, that "profound" poster was me but I was actually citing a prior post by Al Capone. So much belated credit given where due.

[ QUOTE ]
I make mistakes and have the opportunity to learn from them and improve basically almost everyday. Were this not the case, I probably would have given it up long ago due to boredom

[/ QUOTE ]
Play at the microlimits can be very mechanical. Yet, at times I dissapoint myself at how bad my mechanics can be. I know that the patience, discipine and fortitude to consistently make the right mechanical plays is still the foundation to succeeding at the higher limits where the scales may tip more in favor of imagination and creativity. So I hope my mistakes at the microlimits will lead to profitable play at higher levels some day.