View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 10:44 AM

Default My Own Conclusions

[ QUOTE ]
1. I represent a pair of Aces on third street too often, though not all the time.

2. I play nearly all pairs for the price of the bring-in regardless of how dead my hand is.

3. I play nearly all three straights for the price of the bring-in regardless of how dead my hand is.

4. I, on occasion, can be bullied off a huge pot. This mistake hurts like hell, when I see some clown take down a pot with a hand smaller than what I had.

I play in a micro-limits stud game where as you can imagine it is rather loose passive.

Mistakes 1 and 4 I can rectify but does anyone have any thoughts about mistakes 2 and 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Very few players are so observant at microlimits to make 'representing' worthwhile.

2. Even without having my outs dead the 'horse race paradox' DS has written about means that I have to be more disciplined in ditching low pairs that have their kickers or pairing cards out.

3. I've decided not to bother playing straights unless they are two suited. I was unaware of West's 2 point rule. It is a little looser than what 7CSFAP recommends but it is something to keep in mind.

4. After some joker went four bets against me on sixth and seventh trying to bully me off trip Twos (they were split and my door card paired on fourth) I have realised that I have to be grit my teeth and hold on to my hat and call the suckers down.