View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Canterbury Sunday Tourney

The Sunday morning tournament is kind of stupid, but you do have an overlay. It is limit. Everyone gets something like $800 in chips, and you play $15/30 for an hour. Eddie (or whoever is doing it that week) then announces, "OK, dealers, finish the hand you're on, and then deal two more." Everyone then caps every round with everyone in for those two hands, and you see who has the most chips. I am not exaggerating. Whoever has the most chips on each of the ten tables then advances to the final table, where they do the same thing again. The winner gets $1200, and everyone else gets $100, something like that, except that they usually chop it so it's $400 and $200, respectively, and no one gets a tax form. Not the most rewarding poker experience, but it's only $12, and you get a bad breakfast to boot.

You have to get there early, and you have to play in a cash game. The place is just rotten with $2/4 games in the early morning, and the tournament sells out at like 8 or 8:30 (it's been a while since I've been there at that time; I try to get home by 5).

I think you haven't seen anything about it on here because no self-respecting 2+2er would be caught dead playing in it. I've played in it twice.