View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: From the pages of HPFAP

[ QUOTE ]
you are exactly right they dont understand these are the opp. you want to keep the pot small with that way when they chase it is a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your reasoning is mistaken here. If you are so interested in these bad players making mistakes, why not have them make a mistake in calling a three-bet preflop maybe a cap. That's really a mistake. And if you are so sure that they will chase, you might as well get your money in while you problably have the best hand. Then let them correctly pay to catch up.

QQ will not win too many pots unimpproved against 5 players who will chase irregardless of odds. Why not make these type of players pay dearly when you spike your set.

I think that most players (I don't play online so I don't know these players) do respond to size of pots and you may have reason to keep pot relatively small pf in hopes of manipulating field later. But this depends on their having some sense, if they have none, you must get your money in preflop.

PT

Only in heads up situation can ftop be strictly assumed to be true. All mistakes by opponents do not put money in your pocket in long run, just most of them.