View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 01:28 AM

Default General KK hand...thoughts?

.50 / 1 at Party. Was fairly new to the table. I had KK in 2nd position and raised it when UTG folded to me. I got 1 caller, then blinds.

The flop came J high ALL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s, I do NOT HAVE the K of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. The SB bet, I raised, the next player 3 bet, and the SB capped it. I thought for a second, and figured that I am either dead, or going to end on paying a ton to see if I am good. I was new to the table, so I could not know for sure the type of players I was dealing with.

I folded. It turned out the SB had a J and the A of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s for top pair top flush draw. The other guy a very weak J, and might not have even had a flush draw. After the hand, another player info'ed the table that the weak J man was on "super tilt".

Given this was Party, I didn't see that my hand, after the flop was capped, would be good, and I was probably looking at having to put in "lots of money" to see the river (and STILL could be out drawn). I figured that this risk was just too "high", given the betting, and that the un-risked chips could be used at a better time in a better place.

Was this TOO tight? A good fold? Marginal fold? Remember, I have no solid reads at all on either player yet. If this is 3/6 or 5/10 (what I usually played when I am not clearing a bonus) would it change your play?

(note: I didn't post this cause I "would have won" -- I am really looking to see what y'all think.)