Thread: The PA slips up
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: The PA slips up

if someone says, "i'm half black", then i know what it means, but is saying you're half jewish more like saying you're half black, or is it more like saying you're half buddhist?

Half Jewish is a phrase (around these parts) mostly used by secular Jews with one Jewish parent and one non-Jewish parent. So it is more the half-black than half-buddhist

In the case of Israel, the criteria determining Jewishness (for the purpose of the Law of Return) is, by no coincidence, the same law used by Hitler to determine who was fit for a healthy dose of Zyklon B: if any single one of your grandparents was Jewish.

Jewish law stipulates that since the mother is for the most part responsible for raising the child and imparting values, it is the mother's lineage that is passed on.

i.e. if your mother is Jewish, you're Jewish. If not, then you're not.

This thread got me thinking... How many times have you heard that since the Holocaust and anti-semitic violence get so much more "airplay" than non-Jewish racist violence, it is part of the evidence that to some degree, Jews control the media?

Following this argument, I control these forums. In reality, I only post here. It takes a million responses to "control" a forum.