View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Mirage 20-40: Play This Hand Against Me

This one is tough. I think it would depend on wether or not I thought you were capable of 3 betting preflop with 88. If not, then I might let it go. The only hands he can really beat are 88 and 10 10. Although its possible for you to have AK or AQ of clubs, I dont think you can raise the turn with either of these hands because of the presence of the bad player. So your hand has to have some showdown value agaist the other (weak) player because there is a decent chance he's gonna call down with something like A9. So I've got to give you a real pair here. Knowing that you may try to get me off my hand with 10 10, calling, or 3 betting the turn and checking the river seem reasonable. I think you might also play 88 like this for similar reasons, but If I dont feel you are capable of 3 betting that preflop, I might consider folding since 10 10 would then be the only hand I could logically put you on that I beat. All things considered, I think 3 betting the turn and checking the river might be the best option. Interesting hand.