Thread: AK for worm33
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 05:10 AM

Default Re: AK for worm33

This should be a check, and it shouldnt be close. I've been doing so much thinking about these turn situations lately, because I think some of these spots can be really tricky. The AK here has showdown value. If you had 3-bet KJ instead, then off course betting would be right because you wuold have a legimate shot at folding a better hand. True a turn bet here may get an opponent off of a middle pair, but not much else. I would take the free card and hope it gets checked through on the river if I dont improve. If you then feel like someone may be taking a shot at you if a blank hits on the end, nothing wrong with calling down either. I would go as far as to say that checking would probably even be right agaist one opponent. This board is too cordinated, somebody has some of this, and it would be a shame to be checkraised here, because if you are, you certainly do not have 10 clean outs, and you will probably have to muck it.

The only reason I have been putting the bet in some of these spots on the turn lately when it is heads up is become so many players in my game will always try to steal it on the river after I check it on the turn. So the only question is wether it is better to put the bet in on the turn and check the river, or check and induce the bluff on the river. I guess it just depends how draw heavy the board is, and how likely your opponent is to try to take it away from you if you check it to him when you are out of position. OK, I'm done rambling.